About the Journal
Aims and scope
Journal of Advanced Laboratory Research in Biology (ISSN: 0976-7614; CODEN: JALRC5) is an international, open access, peer-reviewed scholarly journal in the area of biological sciences and published quarterly (January, April, July and October) by Society of Open Science. The Journal aims to provide a platform for the publication of high-quality peer-reviewed papers on recent advances and new developments in the area of biological sciences and to act as a platform for the exchange of information between the researchers, academicians and scientists. The emphasis will be on publishing quality papers rapidly and making them freely available to researchers worldwide. The journal publishes original research articles, review articles, clinical studies, case reports, editorials, short communication in the area of biological sciences.
Journal of Advanced Laboratory Research in Biology (JALRB) covers the following areas of Biological Sciences and Allied subjects:
- Cell Biology
- Genetics and Genomics
- Medical sciences and Biomedical Informatics
- Molecular Biology and Modeling
- Reproductive Biology
- System Biology
- Theoretical and Mathematical Biology
- Veterinary Sciences
Types of Articles
Original and Research articles: These should describe new and carefully confirmed findings and experimental methods should be given in sufficient detail for others to verify the work. The length of an original article is the minimum required to describe and interpret the work clearly.
Review articles: Review articles and perspectives covering topics of current interest are welcome, encouraged and published. Reviews should be concise and no longer than 4-6 printed pages (about 12 to 18 manuscript pages). Review manuscripts are also peer-reviewed.
Case Study: Case studies should be concise and no longer than 3-5 printed pages.
Short Communications: Short communication also contains abstract. The list of references should not exceed than 15. The presentation of Short Communications should contain headings such as Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion, etc. Short communications are no longer than 2 to 4 printed pages (about 6 to 12 manuscript pages) in length.
Open Access statement
Journal of Advanced Laboratory Research in Biology (Jalrb) is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to search, read, download, copy, distribute, print, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
Journal of Advanced Laboratory Research in Biology (Jalrb) is powered by Open Journal Systems (OJS), an open source solution for journal management and publishing system developed by the Public Knowledge Project.
Copyright and License
Articles accepted by the Journal of Advanced Laboratory Research in Biology are published under the Creative Commons CC-BY 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/). The CC license ensures that the article will be available as widely as possible and that the article can be included in any scientific archive. Under the terms of this license:
- Author(s) retain ownership of the copyright of their articles.
- Author(s) grant a license to publish the article in the Journal of Advanced Laboratory Research in Biology and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles.
Enquiries and submissions for publication
All enquiries and submissions should be addressed to the following e-mail addresses:
- firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries relating to journal policy, editorial decisions, and journal's website etc.
- email@example.com for issues such as problems or errors when the registration on the website, submission of manuscripts and progress of the submitted manuscripts.